‘The Library of Lost Wands’ and the Ravenclaw art and stories on this site are works of fan fiction. I do not seek to receive any commercial benefit from writing or sharing them. If you like the story so far please consider donating money, time or other needed resources to one of the following. These are just some of my favourites. Obviously, I start my list with JK Rowling’s charity, Lumos, both because I support the work they do and as an acknowledgment that my story is set in a magical world, she created. I’ve added a list of other NGOs I support. Alternatively, why not pick a local homelessness charity, foodbank or animal shelter? Clothes or toys in good condition are also always welcome in your local charity shop, whether you support Oxfam, Mind or Scope.
The idea is to choose one and pay it forward according to what you’re able to give without hurting yourself. Spread a little light to someone you’ll probably never know.
- Lumos – JK Rowling’s Charity working to keep children in families not orphanages
- The Trussel Trust – Helping to tackle hunger & poverty in the UK
- Shelter – Helping to tackle homelessness
- Doctors Without Borders – bring vital medical help where-ever most needed
- The Red Cross – Where-ever there are disasters & human emergencies, they’re there
- Battersea Home for Dogs and Cats – doing us proud for a long time.
- Babbington Rescue – a local shelter my mum volunteers for
- Surfers Against Sewage – not just for surfers; for sea, life and planet lovers
- ME Association – one of my disabling conditions, vital research is underfunded
- Scope – helps guide and support people with disabilities, including one of mine.
- Mind – for anyone with mental health conditions
- Oxfam– you know it, where-ever there are international disasters they try to help
- Asthma UK – fights for millions of us with this common disease
- The Wildlife Trusts – help protect wildlife and the fragile eco-systems we share
There are loads more!